Hurricane panels are shutters that attach to the walls around windows and doors using bolts or tracks.
Hurricane panels are corrugated, and each piece overlaps the next for maximum strength.
There are three main styles of hurricane panels based on the way the panels are connected to the house;
- Tracks and Bolts. The top of the panel is slipped into a track above the window, and the bottom of the panel is secured to bolts that are permanently attached beneath the window.
- C-shaped tracks above and below the windows and doors. Bolts slide into the tracks from either side and must be manually aligned with the holes on the panels.
- Only Bolts permanently set into the wall beside the windows and doors. They can be loosened as the panel is hung horizontally, and screwed down to secure it.
The biggest problem with hurricane panels is that homeowners often don’t check them when they buy a home. Many discover that panels are missing or were cut improperly.
At Russell Home, we recommend that you check your panels when you purchase a home and contact us if you need replacements or prefer clear panels on a few windows for light.
AT RUSSELL HOME WE OFFER:
- Do it yourself storm panels.
- Opening sizes needed of all windows for a free quote over the phone.
- FREE Hardware included!
Dade County and Broward County Code Approved.
Average storm preparation of panel shutters: 15 minutes per window depending on style
THE BENEFITS OF PANEL SHUTTERS
- Most inexpensive of the permanent shutter systems.
- Removable, so they do not change the look of the house when not in use.
- Strong, can provide excellent protection for both doors and windows.
HURRICANE PANEL SHUTTER CARE
- Requires storage, but usually stack together tightly and take up little space
- Must use gloves and be careful of sharp edges when handling.
We offer a variety of hurricane protection for your home.
We specialize in accordion shutters, aluminum hurricane panels, clear hurricane panels, and awnings.
Do-it-yourself with our expert advice and supervision.
We have all hardware available for your storm protection needs.
Call us for a free estimate. Get prepared for the next hurricane season.
Supplies available for the do-it-yourselfer.
Showroom Hours Vary – Please Call for Appointment
Proudly Serving South Florida | Hollywood | Davie | Cooper City | Pembroke Pines | Sunrise | Broward County